Table of Contents
S2Member is a WordPress membership plugin that has been around for a long time. While it has a loyal following and some impressive features, it’s important to take a closer look at the hidden costs of using S2Member. In particular, we’ll explore why its age is costing you more than you might think.
While being one of the first WordPress membership plugins might seem like a positive, the problem is that S2Member hasn’t evolved as much as it should have. This is causing some serious hidden costs that could be hurting your business more than you realize.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the hidden costs of using S2Member and what it means for your business. We’ll cover everything from the lack of modern features to the steep learning curve for new users. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of why S2Member’s age is costing you more than you think, and what you can do about it.
Limitations of S2Member’s
One of the biggest issues with S2Member is the lack of modern features. While it may have been innovative when it was first released, it’s now showing its age. Here are a few examples of its limitations:
- No Content Dripping in the Free Version: Content dripping is a popular feature for membership sites that allows you to release content gradually to keep your members engaged. Unfortunately, this feature isn’t available in the free version of S2Member, which means you’ll have to pay for the Pro version to access it.
- Complex Setup: S2Member has a steep learning curve, making it difficult for beginners and non-tech-savvy users to get started. The plugin has a lot of options and settings, which can be overwhelming for new users. As a result, you may need to hire a developer to set it up for you.
- Limited Upgrading and Downgrading Options: While S2Member does allow you to upgrade and downgrade your account, it’s not an easy process. You’ll have to navigate to the billing modification forms to find the option, which can be frustrating for users who expect a more straightforward process.
- No Automatic Billing: Another limitation of S2Member is the lack of automatic billing. This means that members will have to manually renew their subscription each month, which can be a turnoff for users who want a more streamlined experience.
These limitations are just a few examples of how S2Member’s age is costing you more than you think. While the plugin may have been a good option when it was first released, it’s no longer the best choice for modern membership sites.
Time and effort required to set up S2Member
One of the biggest complaints about S2Member is the time and effort required to set it up. The plugin has a lot of options and settings, which can be overwhelming for beginners and non-tech-savvy users. Here are a few things you need to know about setting up S2Member:
- It Takes Time: S2Member is not a plug-and-play solution. It requires time and effort to set up, which can be frustrating for users who want to get their membership site up and running quickly. You’ll need to spend a considerable amount of time learning the ins and outs of the plugin, configuring settings, and testing the site to ensure everything is working correctly.
- Steep Learning Curve: As mentioned earlier, S2Member has a steep learning curve. If you’re not comfortable with technology or don’t have experience setting up membership sites, it can be challenging to get started. You may need to hire a developer to help you set up the plugin and get everything configured correctly.
- Customization Options: S2Member offers a lot of customization options, which can be a good thing if you’re looking for a highly customized membership site. However, this also means that there are a lot of settings to navigate and configure, which can be time-consuming and frustrating.
- Compatibility Issues: S2Member may not be compatible with all WordPress themes and plugins. This means that you may need to spend additional time finding compatible plugins and customizing your theme to work with S2Member.
Overall, the time and effort required to set up S2Member can be a significant drawback for users. While the plugin may offer a lot of customization options, it’s not the most user-friendly solution out there. If you’re looking for a more straightforward membership plugin that’s easy to set up, you may want to consider other options.
Security risks and costs
Security is always a concern for any online business, and using outdated software can leave your site and your users vulnerable to attacks. Unfortunately, this is another area where S2Member falls short.
Firstly, because S2Member is an older plugin, it may not be compatible with the latest version of WordPress or other essential plugins. This can lead to security vulnerabilities that may be exploited by hackers.
Moreover, because S2Member is not widely used, there is not as much community support and fewer eyes looking for vulnerabilities. This means that if there is a security flaw, it may go undetected for longer, leaving your site exposed for a longer period.
In addition, while S2Member does offer some security features, such as protection against brute-force attacks and IP blocking, it does not offer more advanced security measures, such as two-factor authentication or the ability to block suspicious logins. This means that if you are concerned about security, you may need to invest in additional security measures, which can be costly.
Finally, using an outdated plugin may also cause your site to run slower, which can affect your SEO and user experience. This means that you may need to invest in additional optimization or caching plugins, which can also come with a cost.
All of these factors can add up, making the true cost of using S2Member much higher than the initial investment in the plugin itself. So, while S2Member may seem like an attractive option at first, it is important to consider the long-term costs and potential risks associated with using an older, less widely used plugin.
Costs of ongoing maintenance and support
In addition to the initial setup and security concerns, there are also ongoing maintenance and support costs associated with using S2Member. As with any software, updates and bug fixes are required to keep the plugin functioning properly and securely.
However, because S2Member is not widely used, the development team may not prioritize updates and support as much as they would for a more widely adopted plugin. This means that updates may be infrequent, and when they do occur, they may not be as comprehensive as you would like.
Moreover, if you encounter an issue or need help with the plugin, your support options may be limited. The S2Member support forum can be slow to respond, and there are not as many resources available as there are for more popular plugins.
This means that if you encounter a problem that you can’t solve on your own, you may need to hire a developer to help you. However, because S2Member is not as well-known, it may be harder to find a developer who is familiar with the plugin and able to help you quickly and efficiently.
All of these ongoing maintenance and support costs can add up over time, making S2Member a less attractive option for businesses that want a reliable and well-supported plugin. While S2Member may be cheaper in the short term, it may end up costing you more in the long run in terms of lost productivity, frustration, and additional expenses for development and support.
In conclusion, it’s important to consider all of the costs associated with using S2Member before making a decision. While it may seem like an attractive option at first, the hidden costs of using an outdated, less widely used plugin can quickly add up and create more headaches than benefits.
Lost revenue due to poor user experience
Another cost that can arise from using S2Member is lost revenue due to poor user experience. As we mentioned earlier, S2Member is not the most user-friendly plugin out there, and it can take a lot of time and effort to set up correctly.
If users find it difficult to navigate and use your membership site, they may become frustrated and decide to leave. This can result in lost revenue as users may choose to cancel their subscription or simply not renew it.
Furthermore, S2Member may not provide the kind of user experience that users have come to expect from modern websites. If your site looks dated and is difficult to navigate, it can create a negative impression that may turn users away.
If users do choose to leave your site, it can also affect your brand reputation. Negative reviews or feedback can spread quickly online, and potential new customers may be put off by the comments left by others.
In addition, if your users are experiencing issues with S2Member, it can lead to increased support requests. This can take up a lot of time and resources for your team, and it can also be costly if you need to hire additional support staff.
All of these factors can lead to lost revenue, both in terms of cancellations and missed opportunities for new subscribers. It’s important to prioritize user experience and ensure that your membership site is easy to use and visually appealing, to minimize the risk of losing subscribers and negatively impacting your brand reputation.
In conclusion, it’s evident that S2Member is no longer a sustainable option for building membership sites. The hidden costs associated with S2Member, such as its limitations in features, time and effort required for set up, security risks and costs, ongoing maintenance and support costs, and lost revenue due to poor user experience are all factors that need to be taken into consideration.
If you are still using S2Member, it’s time to re-evaluate your options and consider upgrading to a more modern and reliable plugin. One such plugin that we highly recommend is Paid Memberships Pro (PMPro). PMPro offers a wide range of features, and excellent support, and is regularly updated to keep up with the latest technology and security measures.
Migrating to PMPro is a simple process that can be done with ease. You can transfer all of your existing S2Member data to PMPro, and the setup is much simpler, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
We here at ExpressTech help you migrate your business to PMPro.
Don’t let S2Member’s age and hidden costs continue to impact your business. Migrating to PMPro is a step towards a more modern and reliable solution for your membership site needs. Take action today and experience the difference for yourself.