Steps to connect MemberPress and Discord Server:
Installing the plugin
Create a new application inside disocrd.com
Copy the Application details
- See “OAuth2” page link in the left hand side of the screen.
- From OAuth2 screen copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Enter redirect URL that is already displaying inside plugin settings.
- Enter the Bot Auth Redirect URL, available inside plugin settings.
Create Bot and Copy Bot Token
- In the left hand side screen see the “Bot” page link.
- Click the “Add Bot” button this will generate the bot token.
- Make sure “PUBLIC BOT” in unchecked. if yo do not want your bot to be publicly available.
Enable Developer mode to get the Server ID
- Open discord.com
- Click on the “User Settings” gear in the bottom left of the screen.
- Now find “Advanced” settings and click,
- You need To enable the “Developer Mode” and exit the screen
- Now click on the server icon in the left hand side of discord.com screen and do CopyID
Connect your BOT to the server
- Once all the details are correctly filled and saved inside Plugin application detail screen.
- A red button name “Connect Your Bot” will appear.
- Clicking on it will take to the discord.com, make sure the Server Name in the field at discord auth screen has the right name of the server.
- You need to authorise the bot, After successful auth you will get redirect again on the plugin settings screen.
Map Discord Role with Membership levels
Once your bot is connected to your server, you will be able to view all roles your server has. You can now map server role and membership levels.
Solution of Missing Access Error
- Inside the log tab you will see “50001:Missing Access”, which is happening because the new BOT role need to the TOP priority among the other roles.
- The new created BOT will add a ROLE with the same name as it is given to the BOT itself.
- So, Go inside the “Server Settings” from the TOP left menu.
- Go inside the “Roles” and Drag and Drop the new BOT over to the TOP all other roles.
- Do not for forget to save the roles settings
How members will connect to admin discord server?
- Members are able to “Connect To Discord” from their profile page.
- Clicking on the button will take the Member to Authorize screen.