What would you pick: watching a movie or reading a book? Most of us would choose the first option because a video is more engaging and more memorable than text. And that is why - our brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster. Besides, 90% of the total information transmitted to our brain is visual.
Owners of video-streaming platforms are unlikely to think about these figures. But the fact is, the live streaming video industry is expected to reach $124.57 Billion by 2025. And, if you want to jump on the Market, and create a live streaming website, this article is right for you.
How to Choose the Best Video Platform for Real-Time Live Streaming?
There are three major facets to be considered before building a multi-screen live streaming platform. They are:
Your users might be using a desktop, mobile, tablet or even a hybrid device to watch live streaming videos. Can you keep a stance that your live videos will play only one of these devices? No, because you will lose a large chunk of the market.
Hence, you need to make a live video solution that is flexible to work perfectly on all devices and screens like desktop, mobile, tablet, etc. It must blend and work seamlessly with all screen sizes flawlessly.
Your first video might get a handful of viewers. The second one even more. The third, perhaps twice or thrice the number of viewers your first video got. Your live video streaming solution must be capable of scaling up video delivery in high quality even at such peak traffic volumes.
Videos and graphical elements are the most stolen digital assets. High-end security provisions like encryption, Digital Rights Management, Access control are needed to safeguard video assets from being stolen or misused.
Does live-streaming fit your business?
The Twitch example shows us live-streaming is a perspective industry for more than just streaming games. Below we have gathered other perspective spheres:
- Education is the most prominent niche for live video streaming. According to the University of Dartmouth, 86% of colleges and universities have a presence on YouTube. Thus, you can create a live video streaming website to stream live lessons to extend the students' classroom experience.
- Conferences. 67% of viewers are more likely to buy a ticket to meetings after watching live streaming of the same event. You can build a live-streaming platform to stream scientific conferences or other industry-specific events.
- Concerts. Concerts and festivals make up 43% of most-watched live content. Besides, 30% of people who watch a live stream event will attend in person the following year. In total, more than 4.6 million people watch music festivals via live streams each year. Thus, you can start a live streaming business to stream music festivals.
- Online retail. 40% of customers say live videos of products impact their purchase decision. Thus, e-commerce is another industry where retailers can go live with their products and conduct see-now-buy-now strategies.
- Healthcare. Live-streaming in healthcare can benefit in different ways. By using live video, doctors can hold training sessions or guide surgeons during a surgical procedure. Also, live-streaming allows for direct communication of patients with healthcare professionals to diagnose treatment.
- Gaming. The role of live-streaming in this industry is tremendous. By developing a live-streaming game website, you may reach a maximum amount of users, increase engagement, and create a loyal gaming community.
- Fitness. A fitness live-streaming website where coaches and health diet specialists share their experience is another perspective niche. A live-streaming website would help your fitness business to attract new customers and build loyalty among existing ones.
If You have an Idea, Feel free to Contact us.